ARE YOU READY?
VOLUNTEERING IS REWARDING AND SAVES LIVES
MANY SMALL JOBS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.
THERE IS A LOT TO BE DONE IN RESCUE TO ALLOW US TO SAVE DOGS LIVES.
WE NEED PEOPLE WHO CAN TAKE CHARGE.
ARE YOU A GO GETTER, A LEADER, A GOOD JUDGE OF PEOPLE?
WHAT IS YOUR SKILL?
COORDINATING, SCHEDULING, RUNNING ERRANDS, RECRUITING, EVENT PLANNING?
AND MORE AREAS OF NEED THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU ARE BELOW
• To assist at our weekend pet adoptions.
This involves sitting with the animal, potty breaking, talking with prospective adopters, reviewing adoption applications, answering general questions about animal care and other small duties
• Event are normally 12pm – 4pm. We do not require you to be at every adoption; however we do require a minimum of 2 hours at the adoption you are attending, 12:00-2:00 or 2:00-4:00.
• Our age limit for this position is 16yrs & up, without parental supervision, 15 yrs and younger with parental supervision. Under 18 yrs do need parental consent.
Miles 4 Smiles
• We need assistance in transporting animals from Merced County California to Portland, OR area.
• Occasionally we need help picking dogs up from the Portland or Hillsboro airports that have been flown in from Southern California.
• If you have a regular road trip, we could use your assistance in having an animal hitch a ride from Southern California to Portland/Hillsboro area.
• In need of local transportation from our foster homes to our adoption sites. Often, this means last minute phone calls or just picking up the animal from the shelter or vet.
Foster & Volunteer Recruiters
Work out of our adoption locations (normally Petco or Unleashed) in Portland or Beaverton recruiting volunteers for our events or fostering program. This can be done during the week as well as weekends, we can work with your schedule.
This is a very important volunteer position. Our very existence and ability to accomplish more depends of funding.
• Soliciting ideas from our volunteers about fundraising
• Getting to know the many talents our volunteers have in an effort to think out of the box for our fundraisers.
• Finding event venues
• Putting together and overseeing committees to make fundraising events happen.
This is another vital volunteer position. For us to be able to expand some of our great programs and to introduce new programs, we need donations, funding and corporate sponsorship.
• Solicit corporate sponsorship
• Maintain contact and interact with our sponsors
• Put into action sponsorship programs
We believe there are a lot of animal lovers who can help. We would love to have your long term devotion, however we would be very grateful for a temporary commitment, as well.