WANT TO ADOPT?
TO ADOPT ANY OF OUR ANIMALS:
Read thoroughly to bottom of page! Follow steps as indicated. (please note there is an *adoption fee)
1. Meet the dog you’d like to adopt. This can be done by coming to one of our adoption events. (please see events page for time and locations), or for some of our dogs that don’t come to the events an appointment can be set up.
2. Fill out an application either at the event or we can email one to you. There is a required *$50 application deposit, to hold the pet you are seeking to adopt, until the home check can be done. Home check are done by volunteer availability. Process is normally one week from in person application to adoption, online applications are treated as if they were submitted on the following Saturday, deposit still holds dog starting actual date of application. Puppies do not go home until all puppy shots are complete or with a refundable $100 vaccination deposit, refundable upon completion of vaccinations.
3. To submit your $50 deposit, use donate button to the right, please include the name of the dog in the memo section. Deposit is not a guarantee of adoption but will hold dog until the process is complete, usually no more then one week (except puppies as described above). Applications submitted without deposit will not be reviewed until deposit is received.
4. After review of your application, for local applicants, we will contact you to set up an appointment to do a home check usually within one week, for applicants that are not local, we will contact you via email for further instructions.
5. Upon approval you will be contacted via email regarding completing the adoption process, and pick up your new family member.
6. At the time of the adoption you will be required to sign an adoption contract and pay the remainder of the adoption fee.
7. Please note – We require at least one 6 week dog training class at new owners expense, for each adopted dog, as part of the adoption contract.
*Adoption Fee: There is an adoption fee required payable at time of adoption for all dogs.
$290 for most adult dogs 2 yrs and up,
$340 for most dogs 7 months – 2 yrs,
$390 for all puppies 8 weeks to 7 months of age
$490 for dogs presumed pure breed, dogs considered tea cup, or other specific breed dogs of any age. For dogs that fit in this category a note will be made in dog description.
(The application deposit is deducted from the final adoption fee upon approval, if declined for reasons other than those listed below, your deposit will be refunded. If you change your mind, are unavailable for home check with in the same week of date of application, cancel or refuse home check, provide false statements, omit pertinent information, the deposit amount becomes a tax deductible donation. Home checks are done by volunteer availability, and may not be done same week. Applications received the week before Valentines Day, Easter, Halloween or Christmas, or any other gift-giving holiday, will be reviewed the week following the holiday, DO NOT plan on dog going home for these events. Dogs are not gifts, they are a lifetime commitment.)
Included with every adoption:
Up to date Vaccinations
Recovery ID Tag
Leash & Collar
Money Saving Coupons from Petco
Any fees not used for this pet will be used to rescue and care for other rescue animals.